WRITE FOR US
Hello! Thanks for stopping by.
Are you a writer, photographer or filmmaker who is passionate about raising awareness about issues affecting African women or you simply want to celebrate the awesomeness of African women? We want your stories.
The Female Orator is looking to discover overlooked stories, produce original reporting and provide a voice for African women. We also celebrate African women doing cool things around the world. We accept features, interviews, personal essays, and multimedia of all shapes. Even Gifs!
Before you send us your amazing work do take a look out our guidelines below.
- Submissions must educate, inform and engage.
- Submissions for blog posts should range between 400 and 500 words, while feature articles generally start at around 800 words. For original reporting, in particular, we recommend first pitching ideas to the editor.
- Have a voice. Be bold, interesting and human.
- Have a clear and logical argument.
Submissions should be sent as a word document to email@example.com.
We’ll reach out within a week if your submission is accepted.
Important legal disclaimer: by submitting any content, you are agreeing to thefemaleorator.com’s terms of service which include
- You agree to allow The Female Orator make changes to the title of the piece, if we deem it necessary prior to publication
- If you choose to repost or cross post any piece of featured on the site to another platform, you must provide a link to the original post on The Female Orator.